On this page of the website, the term ‘Optilase or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Optilase, and entities within the Optilase Group. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website, or the client as the context requires.
1. Price Match
Optilase Clinic will match any competitor’s current advertised price (Price Promise) providing the technology, treatment and guarantee is the same. Proof of the competitor’s price must be provided.
Optilase Clinic reserves the right to contact the competitor to confirm their current price is valid.
The patient must disclose that they will request the Price Promise discount at the time of booking, and at the time of paying for their treatment.
The Price Promise discount will not be applied where the treatments have already been paid for or received.
The Price Promise does not apply to offers made by competitors on group buying, discount or coupon websites.
The Price Promise cannot be used in in conjunction with any other offers – such as Groupon, LivingSocial, Pigsback and similar services.
2. Use of Website
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any purpose.
You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors fully permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
3. Cancellation Policy
Optilase Clinic require 48 hours’ notice to reschedule or cancel consultations, post-operative appointments or reviews and two weeks’ notice to reschedule or cancel all surgery or surgeon treatments and appointments.
All appointment times throughout our clinics are in high demand.
If less than 48 hour’s notices are given for consultations, post-operative appointments or reviews, Optilase Clinic will regrettably have to charge a €40/£40 fee.
If less than two weeks’ notice is given for surgery or surgeon appointments, Optilase Clinic will regrettably have to charge a €100 /£100 fee and any deposits previously paid will not be refundable.
Booking Deposits are required for all surgery or surgeon treatments and appointments booked at Optilase Clinic.
4. Your Journey at Optilase Clinic
Optilase Clinic is committed to exceeding your expectations with exceptional service.
Optilase Clinic always strive to re-book you with the same Optometrist for your post-operative appointments
We would recommend when booking or rescheduling your treatments to do so as far in advance as you can, so we can facilitate your every need.
Unfortunately, when booking or rescheduling appointments within a shorter timeframe we cannot always guarantee that you’ll be treated by the same optometrist or the exact time you desire for that individual appointment.
Optilase would like to collect and process:
(a) photographic images; and (b) video recordings; and (c) audio recordings; and (d) written testimonials (“the Material”) from you for creating educational and promotional material.
To the extent that this material contains information about your medical diagnosis and treatment, it would be regarded as sensitive data, which by law requires your explicit consent to allow us to process it.
If chosen to participate in this campaign you will be required to sign a legal consent form by which you will confirm that the person named in the release notice has agreed to the publication of the material by Optilase both now and in the future.
By signing the release, you agree that we may use the material for promotional and informational purposes.
You grant Optilase the right to use the material on its websites and in publications for use in its clinics and generally, which may include, but is not limited to media, posters, newsletters and newspapers, catalogues, video collages, etc.
You grant Optilase the right to disclose the material to third parties and media.
You understand Optilase may, and has the right to, crop and/or collage the material with others and understand that the material may be transmitted over the internet.
You agree that by signing the form, you release and forever discharge Optilase, its agents, officers and employees, from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the material, including but not limited to, any and all claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, or financial compensation and you waive all moral rights that you may have in the material.
Prices quoted on our website are the starting price and can be higher depending upon the individual patient
Prices quoted on our website are inclusive of our lowest agreed health insurance discount in ROI
Payment Plan and finance options are available subject to conditions
Payment must be made in advance of surgery
7. Refund Policy
Cancellations and Refunds
- Treatments/services are not transferable to other individuals
- We require at least 48 hours’ for consultations, post-operative appointments or review cancellations (See cancellation policy)
- We require at least two weeks’ for surgery or surgeon appointment cancellations (See cancellation policy)
- Refunds will be provided where required under the respective country’s consumer law
10. Lifetime Care Guarantee
- Optilase clinic will not charge patients for enhancement treatments should their vision regress provided they have not opted out of this guarantee.
- This includes post-operative check-ups for a year post surgery.
- The lifetime care guarantee does not include general eye check ups, driving license tests or any unrelated conditions to surgery. Please be advised that this list is not exhaustive.
11. Payment Methods
Optilase Clinic ROI accepts Cash, Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Credit Union Cheques and Bank Drafts
Optilase Clinic NI accepts Cash, Visa, Visa Debit and Mastercard
We do not accept American Express as a form of a payment or Business or Personal Cheques.
Finance Plans are available in our Northern and Republic of Ireland clinics:
- 0% interest over 12 months
- Minimum deposit £200
- Terms and conditions apply
Republic of Ireland:
Please ask in store
- 0% interest over 6 to 12 months
- Down payment required
- Terms and conditions apply
GDPR – The Controller of your data
Optilase is registered as a data controller in the Republic of Ireland for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. We will deal with the Irish Office of the Data Protection Commissioner as the Lead Supervisory Authority for regulating all data protection matters within the Organisation. At Optilase, we guarantee that all the data you send to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with due skill and care. We will also guarantee you that the data you submit is solely used in accordance with the purposes as set out in this policy.
Collection and Use of your Personal Information
Optilase collects and uses your personal information, medical details where relevant and other information pertaining to your consultation to perform services / treatments which you have requested. Personal data will generally consist of your name, contact details and other information related to your consultation. Optilase will confirm your consent for us to hold your personal information before it is stored and processed. The personal data will be requested, stored, processed, used and disclosed by Optilase to:
- To assess suitability of treatments
- To conduct your treatment efficiently
- To ensure the highest levels of safety
- To maintain the highest level of customer service
- Where we have a bona fide requirement by law to disclose it to third parties in relation to the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law and court orders
- To ensure adequate resolutions and continuity for the patient on any issues which may arise
- Technological advancements and potential future treatments / services (this may be applicable for patients which may have been previously unsuitable for some of the treatments and services)
- To conduct essential correspondence
- To promote relevant offers on our services and treatments for marketing purposes
For people being employed by Optilase, additional personal information is required to facilitate employment, compliance and payment services, such as bank account details, national identification numbers and visa details. This data will only be held for as long as it is required to provide such employment services and will be deleted once your employment has finished and data is not required for any other legal purposes.
This list is not exhaustive and we may seek to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose which has not been listed above always with your explicit consent.
GDPR – Who can access your data?
The information that you have provided to us may be made available to personnel working in Optilase and our affiliate companies and the third parties (that manage our systems). Your personal data is wholly stored and processed within the European Economic Area.
GDPR – Existing Data and Information with Optilase Clinic
We will use our best endeavours to guarantee that all Personal Data that you have submitted to us is maintained and up to date. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your Personal Data (and medical if applicable) to ensure that it is up to date.
Where we currently hold personal information about you, you may at any time request that we modify, update, erase or provide a copy of this information to you. All such deletions and date updates should be sent to email@example.com from the email address of record and these will be actioned within thirty days upon receipt all relevant details and you will receive confirmation that this has been completed. We may only refuse your request where we are legally obliged to do so. Where your request has been refused we will provide you with reasons for this refusal. We will then hold such data for only if it is necessarily required by law.
GDPR – Security of Your Information
We are committed to the protection of Personal Information submitted to us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. While Optilase takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information that you provide, we recognise that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet. Optilase accepts no liability should this occur.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Some cookies are only placed on your device for the time you are browsing the website. Others may be stored on your device and sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Your browser only allows a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. You can find more information about cookies, at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Optilase & Cookies
- Store details that help you to manage accounts such as user login details.
- Find out how people use our sites, such as how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on, so that we can improve our sites.
- Help us to provide relevant information, such as details of treatments, services and other information that you may be interested in.
- Some pages of our website also include third party cookies, which are cookies not set by Optilase Clinic.
- These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and help us to make sure that we only send you information that’s interesting and relevant to you and for analytical purposes.
Cookies used by Optilase Clinic:
- To monitor site usage to allow us to provide a better user experience and to improve our products and services.
- Google analytics – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
- Stripe – To handle payments. As we don’t store any credit card details on our servers, we need Stripe to be able to set some cookies to process your payments for us. Accepting or rejecting cookies Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would prefer we did not collect data by this method, you can disable this function within your browser settings. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You can find out more about turning off cookies at the independent website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this Privacy Statement