First off, let’s clarify one thing: undergoing laser eye surgery is a very big deal for everyone. So whether you’re still considering it or are already booked in and waiting for the big day to arrive, please remember that feeling a range of different emotions is perfectly normal:
You’re human after all and feeling anxious, nervous, worried, and excited all at the same time ahead of any life changing procedure is only to be expected.
But of course everyone is different and as a result, every individual reacts differently and experiences very differing emotions when it comes to undergoing something like laser eye surgery: where some people will bound in the door on the day feeling excited and delighted, others will be apprehensive, anxious, and even a little fearful at the thoughts of what lies ahead.
But whatever way you feel, that’s perfectly fine and furthermore, it’s 100% normal. We should know: having already performed over 40,000 successful laser eye surgery procedures here at Optilase Clinic, we’ve seen it all.
And that’s why we feel we’re well placed to know that these 10 facts that follow will help you overcome your laser eye surgery anxiety:
- Over 30,000,000 people worldwide have already successfully undergone laser eye surgery.
- The chance of something going wrong is approximately 1000/1!
- 96% of patients who undergo Lasik surgery achieve 20/20 vision or better.
(* American society of cataract and refractive surgery)
- Optilase Clinic is Ireland’s leading laser eye surgery clinic:
We are fortunate to have some of the world’s best Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeons, Laser Optometrists and Medical Staff working on the Optilase team.
- Optilase is the only laser eye clinic in Ireland to offer a lifetime care guarantee:
This means we are proud to stand over all our work and honour our commitment to giving the best possible patient care 100% of the time.
- The procedure is incredibly quick, takes approximately just 7 minutes per eye:
That means that in less than 15 minutes of your life you will have 20/20 vision or better and will be glasses free forever!
- It’s a painless procedure:
Your eyes are completely numbed, using anaesthetic drops, and you are offered diazepam to reduce anxiety and relax muscle tension. Post-surgery you may experience some level of discomfort but please be assured that it is discomfort rather than pain, and will last no more than a few days.
- You don’t need to worry about blinking, or more precisely, not blinking:
We put a small eyelid holder under the eyelids to allow the laser to perform the procedure on the eyes without the interference of your natural blink!
- The Optilase laser eye journey is incredibly professional and thorough:
This means that your eyes are our concern right the way through the 4 step journey
which is as follows:
- initial free consultation
- pre-operative consultation
- surgery day checks and re-checks
- post operative aftercare checks and full lifetime care guarantee
- Optilase clinics are state of the art, complete with world-leading laser technology:
Our state of the art clinics are designed to put you at your ease and help you relax both before and after your surgery.
In addition, we use the world’s most advanced technology, from the world’s leading eye care providers, because our aim is always to give you the best treatment experience possible.
Laser Eye Surgery vs Contact LensesLaser Eye Surgery, due to recent advancements in technology, has become more affordable...Read more
What is Astigmatism? How Can Laser Eye Surgery Help You?What is Astigmatism? Astigmatism is a common eyesight problem across Ireland. Some people...Read more
10 facts that will help you overcome your laser eye surgery anxietyFirst off, let’s clarify one thing: undergoing laser eye surgery is a very...Read more
Hyperopia, Myopia, and Presbyopia: What exactly are they?As is the case with pretty much any medical treatments, you will encounter...Read more
Optilase Q&A with Leanne WoodfullAs an in-demand top blogger, you’re pretty busy 24/7. What gave you the push...Read more
15 fascinating facts about eyes!While most of us appreciate and are somewhat in awe of just how incredible...Read more